Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Err whats going on here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
lostnfoam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Err whats going on here

i have a batch of beer that has been giving me some trouble. it has carbed up fine before i fridge it takes off. the problem i am haveing is that when i chill it i get chill haze i have read enought to know that give it some time and it will clear up. i finnally had a botle clear and i opened it. the smells are all normal the taste is fine. however i have lost a lot of the carbonation. what can i do to fix this? should i cold chill them till the haze drops out then let them warm back up tp room temps? or did this batch get messed up some how.

Secondary:

Bottled: English pale ale (first AG), cream ale, phat trye, oatmeal stout, imperial pumkin, imperial Ipa, kreik, calowiezen, winter warmer, st john IPA, pumkin ale, pumkin porter, imperial stout, belgain pale ale

Next to brew: coffee brown ale, witenger, belgain pale ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

Carbonation that is fine for warm beer is too low for cold beer. You don't lose CO2, it just stays dissolved in the cold beer instead of making bubbles.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Take them out of the fridge for a few more days and once they are warmed up, give them all a good shake. That ought to give you some more carbonation, but due to the cold, I don't know whether your extra bit of carbonation will be consistent from bottle to bottle, but it sounds like you're already most of the way there, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Quick Reply