Easy Pale Ale with 6# pale LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie3

Reaction score
Does anyone have an easy recipe (1,2,3) that will be ready in 2 weeks to keg and drink? Nothing fancy - although I have tons of specialty grains to use. I have blackcherry blossom honey (2#) that I would like to incorporate in this brew.

I just want an easy drinking beer b/t 4% and 5%abv.

All Suggestions welcome!

Please help!

- WW

wilsonwj said:
Does anyone have an easy recipe (1,2,3) that will be ready in 2 weeks to keg and drink? Nothing fancy - although I have tons of specialty grains to use. I have blackcherry blossom honey (2#) that I would like to incorporate in this brew.

I just want an easy drinking beer b/t 4% and 5%abv.

All Suggestions welcome!

Please help!

- WW

There are certainly folks around here that are much more experienced then me, but if you're looking for something to turn around in 2 weeks you're best bet would be a wheat.

Of course I've tried all of my ales at two weeks (you have to drink the hydrometer samples after all :drunk: ) but they're way too green and still awful cloudy after 1 week in primary and only one week in secondary.

If you run across a tasty ale that's ready to drink in two weeks you let me know, because I'll always have a batch of it going :)

im pretty new to this stuff, but it seems from what ive read that honey can take a long time to ferment out. maybe not a good idea for a fast beer.

A lower gravity wheat would probably be your best bet. Make sure to keep the fermentation temps up near the top of the yeast's recommended range, and pitch a big starter to get everything going quickly. Also, because it's a wheat you won't need to wait for the beer to clear any. At two weeks it should be drinkable (if still just a touch green), and it should only get better as you drain the keg.

Grimmrod said:
my LHBS has this recipe on its website http://www.thebrewhut.com/ViewTBHRecipe.cfm?RecipeID=24

i've made it twice and it's great

Thanks for the recipe. It looks like a winner to me.

Love perle and cascade. Will try and let you know how it comes! I am going to add a bit of honey - two #s or not I'm unsure. Promash will assist with that for target numbers.

Thanks again!!

- WW

bummerkit said:
im pretty new to this stuff, but it seems from what ive read that honey can take a long time to ferment out. maybe not a good idea for a fast beer.

Thanks for the words of advice. It has been my experience that honey ferments out fully which causes higher alcohol content. Tastewise you still get the honey sweetness and smoothness, but fermenting wise is completes within 7 days or there abouts, again from my experience.

Honey seems to be a good substitute if you have little ingredients left like I do. I have tons of grains - mostly all grain batches is what I brew - I had left over pale LME and want to use it in an easy to assemble, easy to make, easy to drink pale ale. Hmmm... this gives me an idea :rolleyes: The name is going to be:

"Easy Like Sunday Morning" Pale Ale.

Thanks again!!

- WW

thebikingengineer said:
A lower gravity wheat would probably be your best bet. Make sure to keep the fermentation temps up near the top of the yeast's recommended range, and pitch a big starter to get everything going quickly. Also, because it's a wheat you won't need to wait for the beer to clear any. At two weeks it should be drinkable (if still just a touch green), and it should only get better as you drain the keg.

I have a bit (20lbs) of wheat malt un-crushed (which I will mill down ~1lbs) that I can use to add to head retention and mouth feel, but I only have a 6.6 tub of pale LME so I am going to use that.

I am not too worried about clarity - I plan on having this keg around for a couple of weeks anywhoo, so it will clear given time anyway. I just want a session beer from concentrate.

Thanks for your advice. I will take heed. :D

- WW

ohiobrewtus said:
There are certainly folks around here that are much more experienced then me, but if you're looking for something to turn around in 2 weeks you're best bet would be a wheat.

Of course I've tried all of my ales at two weeks (you have to drink the hydrometer samples after all :drunk: ) but they're way too green and still awful cloudy after 1 week in primary and only one week in secondary.

If you run across a tasty ale that's ready to drink in two weeks you let me know, because I'll always have a batch of it going :)

Thanks for the advice. I certainly will let you know how this one turns out.

Who know with brewing, it could turn out to be a ribbon winner.

RDWHAHB!!:tank:

- WW

Back