Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Doing my first pumpkin tomorrow - strain out the pumpkin or no?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
joshtbuff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My pumpkin ale has been sitting in my keg for over a week and is still coming out with zero foam. It's as if the beer is not taking the co2. Like its refusing to carbonate. Has anyone else experienced this? Beginning to think its not going to be my thanksgiving sensation I wanted it to be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
ProzHack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I'm tossing in my $.02... I've done both canned and whole pumpkin, bagged and non bagged. I definitely got more 'pumpkin' flavor out when you put the pumpkin in the primary. I've found that bagging is irrelevant as the the stuff settles like everything else and it's not a big deal to hose out the carboy. Frankly it was more annoying dealing with the cleaning the bag then the trub. My preference for simplicity is using the raw can in the late boil, then all in for primary w/o filter. And I think the source and prep of the pumpkin can come secondary to the flavor of the added spices, so go gentle with those if you've done a roasted pumpkin and want that flavor to come out. As for AG, yeah, mashing it for simplicity.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply