New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Dishwasher to sanitize bottles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #91
Bryali
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've used my dishwasher for the previous few batches with pretty good results. My next batch I'm going to try StarSan and compare. I load up the bottom rack and run it on a rinse cycle with high-temp wash and steam sanitizing finish. I haven't tried using a thermometer to test the water temp, but it's worked pretty well so far. I like being able to load it up and let it run while I do the rest of my brewing. It's pretty convenient that way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #92
reno316
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I still dip my bottles in Starsan, but I use the dishwasher rack at a bottle tree. I have the sanitize cycle and could probably use it to sanitize, but dipping in starsan is only a few more seconds.
That's what I do, too, except I use iodine/water solution instead of Starsan.

-- JRB

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply