LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Sounds like a nice brew. For next time, Indian grocery stores are a good place to get coriander.

The 2nd edition is now available: Brewing Engineering
BLOG: Brewing Boiled Down Brewing science for those of us without a Ph.D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
ericbw
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandBrew
Sounds like a nice brew. For next time, Indian grocery stores are a good place to get coriander.
+1. You can get a giant package for cheap. Maybe only a little more than you pay for the little packages.

Question: are you adding your extracts at the beginning or end of the boil? That might be what makes it darker than you want, if you add it early.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I'll look for one, I saw one in the grocery store. It was .8 oz. I think and it looks like a lot. I'll see how this does then I can always make another.

I posted up that I added the lme at 5 mins and at basically flame out. That wheat lme just seems to darken it up more than you want for a wit. AG is where you can control that more. But I'll happy for now. As long as it tastes good, right!?

No activity yet, but the air lock price has tipped, so I know there is a tiny bit going on. It's only been 12 hours since I pitched though. I'm used to stuff taking of right away.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
bljustice
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Almost the same one I make. I use half a pound of oats for mouth feel and oz of Coriander and an oz of bitter orange peel. It is very well received by guests, quick to make and refreshing when it gets hot. A 5 gal keg doesn't last long. I know I should bottle it for the real Wit look and feel but it is easy. Not exactly to style but... like the man said, it is your beer. Cheers.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
sweed
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljustice View Post
Almost the same one I make. I use half a pound of oats for mouth feel and oz of Coriander and an oz of bitter orange peel. It is very well received by guests, quick to make and refreshing when it gets hot. A 5 gal keg doesn't last long. I know I should bottle it for the real Wit look and feel but it is easy. Not exactly to style but... like the man said, it is your beer. Cheers.
I actually only used a half pound of oats after seeing how much it was. I baked it in the over until it was done, then put it in a muslin bag and steeped until boil.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
sweed
Recipes 

I'm bottling this right now, and I just took the FG. It finished at 1.012. The sample tastes great, the color looks good. I'm very satisfied, and can't wait to try these in a few weeks.

forumrunner_20130414_174115.png

Quick Reply