Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I was going for a mushroom cloud but my son found the peace sign, I thought this was pretty cool.

Looks great! How does it taste? I've got my eye on that kit for my second ever brew... It's either this one or the Caribou Slobber. I'll probably end up doing both, but I'd love to hear some feedback on the cream ale.

I've made both the extract and all-grain kits. Taste is similar...and great! But I do prefer the all-grain, and it really isn't all that much more difficult than the extract. All-grain does take more time and a bit more equipment, but the process is very straightforward. Anyway, NB Cream Ale? Yum!

glenn514:mug:

Oh man, oh my goodness, wow just tasted my two week old cream ale and damn is it tasty! I can't believe how creamy and perfect it tastes, can't wait to try a three week or older one.

HAREEBROWNBEEST said:
Oh man, oh my goodness, wow just tasted my two week old cream ale and damn is it tasty! I can't believe how creamy and perfect it tastes, can't wait to try a three week or older one.

Goes down nice and easy, huh? Glad to hear it turned out well for you, too! :mug:

Big fan of this kit. I added five pounds of strawberries and let that sit in secondary for a month.

I use about 1/3 of my extract from the beginning and add the rest the last 15 minutes. Keeps the color lighter. I've read some people add the rest after flameout but I've never tried that.

If you like the cream ale you might want to try Aussie Light Ale from Midwest. I just finished polishing off the last of it and ordered another. It's really smooth tasting and great for the summertime.

I've been thinking of doing an extract 2.5 gallon batch of this using Briess Golden DME.

Back