Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > coopers cerveza kit plus wyeast lager yeast

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
PT Ray
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

When you say you used the Coopers yeast, was it the one with the kit? Generally I don't bother giving the full lager treatment when using Coopers lager/ale blended yeast. I'll ferment at 60 or so for a couple weeks and then crash the primary to 35 degrees for a week or two before packaging.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #22
9am53
Recipes 

Yeah, it was the cerveza kit yeast. In the instructions they say that it is the coopers european lager yeast, and is a true lager strain...I assume it's the lager/ale blend people have mentioned though. I will just keep it in primary for another week, then see what happens in the basement, if it keeps on rolling along at 55 I will leave it there for a couple, then crash it in the fridge before kegging. Draft corona seems kind of weird though...

Last edited by 9am53; 05-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
9am53
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
Just started listening to Pantera doing Planet Caravan (Black Sabbath) while re-reading this...meeeellooow... But 2 ounces of Willamette to the OS lager kit with brewing sugar should be real close to the Sam Adam's summer ale. Gunna try that.
I just went back and realized i missed this, Pantera rule! I wish I got to see them. I have seen Down with Rex though, so that was close...sort of, but not really.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #24
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2025 Times on 1774 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

We saw Pantera at the 1st Ozzfest. They were spot on that night! At Ozzfest '04,we saw Judas Priest & slayer,among others. But It'll be interesting to see how close I can come to SA summer ale,maybe even improve it?...

Old 05-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #25
PT Ray
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9am53 View Post
In the instructions they say that it is the coopers european lager yeast, and is a true lager strain...I assume it's the lager/ale blend people have mentioned though...
Paul from the Coopers brewery posted on the Coopers forum the different strains of yeast that comes with each kit. The Cerveza is listed as using the ale/lager blend. Coopers could have switched since then. An easy way to tell is look that the dried yeast. There will clearly be 2 different types of granules if it's a blend. If I ever get hold of a kit I'll have to check.

Quick Reply