New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Canadian Blonde is my first.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
MarcusKillion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNewf View Post
MarcusKillion,

Interesting that you should say that about the price of the enhancer. My LHBS charges the same amount for the 1KG Beer Kit Enhancer as they do for the 500 gram bag of DME. Both the Enhancer and DME are Munton's products so it's like you are getting a little more than a pound of sugar for free. That is unless the DME in the enhancer is a lower quality than what gets bagged up as a stand alone product.

Goldman,

I make up the Cooper's Canadian Blonde pretty much the way you described. It looks pretty dark in the fermenter but for me it clears pretty nice to a gold/amber color. To me it looks a little darker than the commercial Canadian beers I drank before getting into homebrewing. It actually surprised me a little the first time I brewed it. What also surprised was that once it got a little age on it, it tasted better (to me anyway) than the commercial Canadian beers I used to drink.
You may be right on the price . i just looked at some on ebay for that . I think I pay 15 bucks for 3 pounds of DME at LHBS. Sugar is cheap. not sure what .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
MarcusKillion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

pic of the muntons canadian blonde . It is a darker golden color unless you hold it up to the light then it is light golden .

Keep in mind that I used 2.2 pounds of light DME in this . It would be far lighter if I had used sugar . It would look more like the second pic

Last edited by MarcusKillion; 02-02-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: more info on ingredients

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply