Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > brewed sierra nevada off byo and liquid yeast question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
sheephrdr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default brewed sierra nevada off byo and liquid yeast question

just bottled the sierra nevada clone off of byo but instead of carapils malt i added some wheat because I couldnt get my hands on any at the time, man the stuff is delicious, I drank about three glasses while bottling and it wasnt even primed or cold hehe, a good sign I guess. never fails though I always seem to make a mess wether its spilled beer or whatever, luckily i always brew on concrete in the basement so i just run a mop over everything when im done, so the wife doesnt get mad

berry wheat in secondary (wanted rasberry but grocery store just had a frozen rasberry, blackberry, blueberry mix)

does anybody have a suggestion for a liquid yeast that will work for both an imperial stout and pumpkin/autumn ale?
I have only used coopers, and nottinghams dry yeast which has worked good so far but would like to venture out there a bit and try some liquid even though its more money...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 631 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 58

White Labs WLP002 English Ale yeast would probably be a good choice. It's very flocculant, so it leaves a nice clear beer, and it's fairly correct for your styles.

I recently did a nice dark brown ale and a pumpkin ale with it. Neither are finished aging, but I'm quite happy with the results so far.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply