Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > better brew?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
gingerhammer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default better brew?

Getting a better brew IPA kit on saturday.Have heard good things about this "bag"kit.Anybody out there got any advice or tips.Was thinking of doing a challenger hop tea to start.But I am unsure how long to boil them for?Also thinking instead of dextrose,I will do a 50/50 light DME,demerara sugur mix.What do you think.Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
ssazreal560
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have made hop tea before and i wouldn't boil any longer than 10 minutes because you wont get any bittering from hop tea so you are just trying to get aroma and flavor out of the hops. If i make a "can" kit i always add DME instead of dextrose, but as to the sugar you are referring too I don't think I've ever heard of it, sorry.

A guy at work asks what I am doing over the weekend. "Not much." I say, "Might brew some beer." "Wow!" Says the guy, "You ever get caught?" - sendkyleanemail

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply