Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Best online ingredient source?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #11
Hermish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have been using ebrew.com. They seem to have good prices, and the shipping is real quick.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 28

$12 for 3lbs of DME is not really bad at all considering walk-in convenience. I bet they'd give you 10% off on a larger purchase. Did you ask?

If you're in the east, try www.brewbyu.com.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
zonabb
Recipes 

Thanks. I'm going to place and order today and check these sources!

Brew on!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #14
Levers101
Recipes 

I alternate between Northern Brewer and Midwest, both are out of Minneapolis so I get quick shipping to Iowa (and if you're inclined to think about things like this: minimizes carbon footprint). This translates into less worry about yeast problems for me. I am wary about getting stuff from MoreBeer and AHS just because they have to travel across some serious climate extremes to get to me, but I'm also moderately paranoid. My LHBS doesn't carry much, some DME, a few grains, and the most popular hops. I've bought from AHS before because of their huge selection of kits, but since I don't like brewing with LME, I've move away from kits. Otherwise, AHS answered my questions when I called them asking about yeast shipping in the middle of August from there to Iowa, and assured me they'd replace dead yeasties.

Bottled/Drinking #12: 6 Hop Variety American Pale Ale
Bottled/Drinking #13: Dry stout kit
Bottled/Drinking #14: Bavarian Wheat
Bottled/Drinking #15: Iron Red Ale

On Deck
:

Bull Sprig Brewery

Old 05-28-2007, 03:57 AM   #15
delarob
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Alternative Beverage at ebrew.com is great. Ive been using them recently. They have monthly specials wich are great on the wallet.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #16
Stryder
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I'd like to have a LHBS to support even if their prices were a little high. Thankfully I've gotten great service from several online sources, Homebrew.com in Charlotte gets my order out quick and it arrives overnight once processed. At 100 miles from my door they are actually my LHBS. I've also been pleased with Northern Brewer and MoreBeer. I've found that even shopping online closer to home is better, especially when weight or freshness of product can be an issue.

Quick Reply