Banana / Carmel.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found, Then Lost a thread pertaining to an extract Carmel Banana Dunkelweizen. I want to make this beer, but I need someone to point me back to that thread.
P.S. I've been "Searching Banana" For 2 days now.

are you talking about my Bananas Foster recipe?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=48483

1 lbs. American Caramel 120°L
0.25 lbs. Belgian Special B
6.4 lbs. Liquid Wheat Extract
1 lbs. Candi Sugar Dark

1.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (Pellets, 5.00 %AA) boiled 60 min.
0.50 oz. Fuggle (Pellets, 4.75 %AA) boiled 15 min.

Yeast : WYeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen

Bottle with Cruzan Rum and Vanilla Extract to your preference (i'd use just a tiny hint!)

That is the one!

Did you make it? How did it work out?
I may have to use Fuggel Hops, as that seems about the only thing i can get my hands on at this point...I will just boil a bit shorter.

I actually haven't made it yet - it's next on my plans - had to finally brew some Apfelweine after all the rave reviews...

I'm in the same boat - I've got a couple of oz of Fuggles in the freezer, so that's what i'll probably use.

after showing SWMBO the recipe (as developed here on the forums) she keeps bugging me - "So is your next batch the Bananas Foster"???

gotta love the enthusiasm.

anyway, sounds like you'll be the first - I'd love to read your brewing notes when you do!

I will probably be brewing this the first weekend of March, as I have sort of back logged everything...unless SWMBO authorizes another fermentor. I have a Fat Tire Clone that I am going to try bottling right out of the fermenter after 2 (Maybe 3) weeks, cause My Apfelwein is in my only 5 gallon glass. It started Last Sunday.
When I brew, should I post notes here, Or on the original thread where the recipe was developed, or start anew?:ban:
I Love That Banana:ban:

Back