Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Australian finger limes?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Stoutman82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Australian finger limes?

So I have an australian ipa kit from thomas cooper I want to make. And I have some australian finger limes I'd like to make extract of. So two questions 1.Has anyone worked with these? 2. If so whay would be the best method for extract making.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
PT Ray
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Coopers has an IPA kit that is English in style. They do have an Australian Bitter and Pale Ale kit but not an Australian IPA. Are you wanting to add the fruit to your kit?

Old 02-06-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

One easy way of extracting is to infuse grain alcohol or vodka with the peels. Then add that to your fermenter, secondary or bottling bucket. Another way is to boil your priming sugar with them. In fact I'm going to be infusing my priming solution with fresh giniger tomorrow when I bottle a my gingersnap brown ale, a brown in which I added two boxes of ginger snaps to the mash tun.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS