New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Added ingredients too early in Chimay Blue clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
packin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Added ingredients too early in Chimay Blue clone

I just brewed this recipe two days ago: Easy Chimay Blue clone

Due to not having used whirlflock, Lyle's Golden Syrup, or wine yeast as nutrient before, I actually added them on a time schedule as if they were hops. What I mean is that on the recipe it says to add at 45 minutes, but I interpreted that to mean 15 minutes after the boil has started instead of 15 minutes before the END of the boil (which I just realized now that's what it means).

How will this affect the brew??

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3452

It won't really affect the beer that much, it's not like it was spices that boiling that long would drive off the oils that produce flavor or aroma.

You'll be fine.

The wihirlflock may not have bound the proteins to clear the beer...but you know something? Half the time I forget to add moss or any other finings to my kettle and my beer still turns out nice and clear after a long primary or using a secondary.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply