Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > 32oz flip top bottle bomb!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #11
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I wonder if it would be worth a trip to the woods with my 270 if I knew I had a bottle bomb? Might be worth a video if it blew right?

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #12
southern brewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lol wish i had a video of my bottle bomb

Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
camiller
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern brewer
Just ran into my very first bottle bomb. i was clearing out a case of bad beer (it had skunked because of a hot room). So i was dumping it in the sink and rinsing bottles. all the beer i was dumping out tasted real bad and it was over carbinated. try pouring a glass of beer and you got maybe an inch of beer and 5 inches of foam. the last one i had to open and dump was a 32 oz flip top grolch bottle. I was wise enough to point it away from me and turn my head. When i opened it, BOOOOM! it scared the CRAP out of me because it was so damn loud. I turned around and found that an 8 foot section of kitchen was covered in beer! Not to mention all of my recently cleaned bottles were drenched in beer. Spent about half an hour cleaning the mess up. and to think, i have one more flip top i have to dump out. I will be wise and open it up outside next time.

BOOOOM!
I've had a couple that poped pretty loud, but never sprayed, probably because it was chilled. I had one that poped so quick the white cap came out of the rubber washer which stayed on the rim of the bottle.

Quick Reply