Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > yeast option help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
nbkoziar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default yeast option help!

My husband has shown me a beer ingredient kit called chocolate covered beavr nuts(funny name i know) its like a peanut butter cup beer. and his birthday is coming up so i figured id order it for him for his upcoming birthday. but there are yeast options and i havent the first clue on what would be the best one. it offers 1)premium dry yeast(Fermentis 05) 2)white labs vial(American Ale 1056) and lastly 3)wyeast activator (California Ale 001) what one would be recommended? i provided the link to the exact ingredient kit

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/choco...eavr-nutz.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 413 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Since it's a x-mas present I would just opt for the dry yeast (05). The other yeasts will need to be refridgerated. Kinda hard to do with a wrapped present. The dry yeast should probably be refridgerated also, but it will be ok at room temperature. The liquid yeast...no way.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
nbkoziar
Recipes 

i planed on taking the yeast out and hiding it in the fridge where he rarely searches for things lol and its his birthday which is the end of this month. so i would like to get the best yeast for it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Tombstone0
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkoziar
i planed on taking the yeast out and hiding it in the fridge where he rarely searches for things lol and its his birthday which is the end of this month. so i would like to get the best yeast for it.
It doesn't really matter which one you choose, they're all the same yeast strain. They're just distributed by different companies. If he usually gets liquid yeast get wyeast or white labs otherwise get US-05.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone0 View Post
It doesn't really matter which one you choose, they're all the same yeast strain. They're just distributed by different companies. If he usually gets liquid yeast get wyeast or white labs otherwise get US-05.
Agree.

If he is a new brewer and is not making starters, then pick the. US-05. They are all the same strain.

One pack of the US-05 will be good for most brews. The liquid yeasts will require making a starter.

He is lucky that you support his brewing......

My wife does too.

Quick Reply