The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Where to get ingredients and equipment in Ireland?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
raindogxx
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Default Where to get ingredients and equipment in Ireland?

Just getting ready to relocate from New Hope, PA to Kinsale, Ireland. I'm planning to go all grain there and do 10 gallon batches. Ultimately I would like to get involved with the scene over there, you know, brew days, competitions and such. Unfortunately I'm having some trouble finding much of a scene over there and just by looking online there doesn't appear to be very many brew shops. Do we have any members who live in Ireland or used to live there? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd really like to get some solid brewing time in while I'm there, I'm hoping to do a batch every two or three weeks (at least). I think finding a good stock of high quality and diverse ingredients is number one.

Cheers,
Jon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Cordane
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OK, so I've never been to Ireland, and this post isn't helpful, but you'd think that'd be one of the better places on earth to find such equipment.

Fah - a long way to the store!
So - I'll have another beer!
La - ... um... la la la la la laaaaa!
Ti - No thanks, make it a beer!
And that brings us back to Do!
Cordane's Rolling Kegerator (Image Intensive!) - 23 kinds of awesome!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Well they drink enough over there someone must brew or distill (if it is legal). If not find a good pub and work over the liver.
Good Luck over there
Steve

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
ACbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 2

isn't there an amazon.uk website or something? it might have a base for getting minimal things.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
raindogxx

Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

I was expecting home brewing to be fairly common there as well but if it is it's not as well advertised. It does look like there's a solid community in England and I may have to get some supplies from the shops there.

There is amazon.co.uk, I definitely need to dig there. I might be able to locate some decent vendors that way. I didn't think about that. Thanks.

Quick Reply