Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Wheat, Midnight - not easy to get...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
LarryC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Wheat, Midnight - not easy to get...

So I want to brew the FW Wookie Jack clone that SkeezerPleezer posted a while back. One of the ingredients is wheat, midnight. I find this online a couple places but my LHBS doesn't have it. Could I just take some wheat and toast it really dark? I hate the flavor of burnt anything, how would I know when it's done?

Also, finding Amarillo and Citrus hops right now is tough. The guy at my LHBS recommends Falconers Flight as a sub for both. What do you think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
ksut1547
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My LHBS doesn't carry Midnight Wheat either. It's a shame because there really is nothing else like it(that I know of). Whenever I want to use Midnight Wheat, I make sure to put together a large enough order to make it worth ordering online and paying for shipping. It always pays off though. I've tried to sub for MW and it just hasn't worked out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply