Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
ehedge20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default What would you do?

So I brewed a 10 Gal batch of American Amber Ale and a few things went unplanned that day for a number of reasons. The short of it is I only had an efficiency of 63% with an O.G. of 1.048 and a F.G. of 1.020 for an ABV of about 3.5%. I racked the beer after the fermentation had stopped (about 2 and a half weeks) and let it sit for a week. Now I have it in a cooler for a cold crash as not everything has settles out and the fermentation has stopped. The beer tastes okay but I feel that it could ferment some more. So I could either bottle it as is and have a lawnmower beer or I could add lager yeast and DME and let it sit for 2 months to finish out and clear up (hopefully). So what would you do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
badmajon
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Hmm.

Matters how much HB you have on hand already. If you can wait, wait, if not then just drink it.

For me its getting to the point where there are few non HBs I enjoy so I'd probably just drink it.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
ehedge20
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have enough! This is more of an experiment I suppose. I think I will bottle half and lager the rest just to see the difference. Although I am barley in the bottling range and worry about them exploding if fermentation picks back up.

Quick Reply