I just did kind of the same thing; I added up all the partial bags I had, and according to BJCP, I brewed a mild. I added 8 oz of home toasted oatmeal and in 7 days it went from 1.038, to 1.012. I am leaving it to ferment for another week as my first taste was way too sweet. I will keep you all posted if it cleans up or not.
Here it is 4 days later and the SG is currently 1.008 and the cloying sweetness is completely gone. Fermentation is probably done, but I will give it another week in primary just in case. The taste is actually fantastic. The desired bitterness is there and it actually has nice mouth feel. The last time I brewed a mild it sucked as I was very new to brewing then, and didn't have good sparging technique. If I can replicate this batch again, I will always have a cold one waiting for me and my wife.