Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > What kind of brew stand should i commit to?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
RobE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default What kind of brew stand should i commit to?

I've been looking into building a single tier brew stand of some kind. I've been leaning towards something like the Brutus 10 but I've seen some other cool systems including electric. What do you have that works well or what would you have done differently? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want to build something that I will hang on to for a while.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
RScottyL
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 108

If you build a single tier, one "drawback" of that is you would have to get some pumps to transfer your liquid to the other vessels. This would add to the costs both is parts, and electricity used for the pumps. You would not have this "drawback" if you go with a three tier (gravity fed) system.

I am not sure what the difference in material cost would be between a single tier and three tier.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Build whatever appeals to you. Electric add some complexity but a lot more potential for control and you won't have to worry about propane mid boil. Also, if you have enough ventilation to move the moisture away there are no fumes to worry about allowing you to brew in a basement, closed garage, or shed.

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Quick Reply