I did my first brew using my new Barley Crusher. Previously I had been buying precrushed grains and had been getting 63-68% efficiency. Today I got about 84% efficiency with the default settings on the crusher.
The good news is I got slightly more beer at a higher gravity than planned. The bad news is this decreased my bitterness and increased my gravity outside of my target. It was supposed to be a Red Rocket clone based on the recipe from the Jamil Show but it ended over 10 points high on the gravity and Beersmith estimates my IBUs to be about 8 points low. I'm guessing it will still be a good beer but it may end up a little sweet as I have a 1.080 OG beer that I mashed at 155F.