Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Waiting for first AG... and waiting...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 02:07 AM   #1
McCall St. Brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Waiting for first AG... and waiting...

I have my first two AG batches in carboys now and can't wait to find out how they will turn out. I found that the process of making them was much, much more enjoyable than making extract beers. It seems like those have all started to taste pretty much the same to me. Other people who try them say they really like them, but to me they are all becoming alike-- just different colored repeats of the batch before.

Unfortunately, now for the first time since I started brewing I have a huge (for me at least) stock of about 5 cases of extract brews to get through. I don't have enough empty bottles to put my first AG batch in.

Now I will have to drink about 2 cases of homebrew in order to bottle. Do you feel sorry for me?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
Bugeaterbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCall St. Brewer

Now I will have to drink about 2 cases of homebrew in order to bottle. Do you feel sorry for me?
Not exactly. I'm in the same type of fix. My kegerator only holds 2 kegs at a time. I have 7 more full kegs of beer waiting in line after them. 2 cases of homebrew is only the equivalent of 1 keg. I feel for you, but I think I'm the one with excess beer.

It's not quite that bad though. I will be entering a bunch of competitions in the next couple of months with multiple styles in each one so that will take up a bunch of it. Eight entries in the NHC regionals alone. Still, I will have a bunch of beer to drink up too.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Old 04-19-2007, 03:20 AM   #3
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I dunno... it's going to be rough, I think, drinking all that beer...

Er-wait... maybe it's not so bad after all.

Quick Reply