Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Use of JB Weld and Water weld to fix hole in MLT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
C_Von
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Use of JB Weld and Water weld to fix hole in MLT

Before making a batch on my new system, I wanted to make sure there were no leaks in my three kegs (HLT, MLT, boil). Turns out the keg I planned on using for my MLT has two pin sized holes on the bottom. I've put JB Weld on the outside of the keg to plug the holes, but I am not 100% sure I want to risk the possibility of something leaching into my mash. I've seen another product "Water Weld" that is food safe and am considering putting that on the inside of the mash tun. Am I worrying too much or is the Water Weld something I should use as well?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 913 Times on 608 Posts
Likes Given: 26

A pinhole sized dot of JB is like it's not there at all. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
juic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

I read once before that it hasn't been tested for good grade sage and they don't recomend it. Just my 2 cents

Life is like beer. Much better when chilled!

Quick Reply