Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Tweaking brews!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Thor the Mighty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Tweaking brews!

Ok, so I enjoy classic styles of beer and have made just about every kind of beer there is, so as of late, ive been tweaking brews that are sitting around my house. here's what has happened;

Stone Levitation clone;
Double dry hopped with cascade
3oz French house roast oak chips soaked in 6 Grapes Port wine
4oz clear candi sugar

Newcastle Clone;
4oz clear candi sugar
dregs from a bottle of Russian River Consecration *after being done fermenting for a month or so*

Everything Went Black
*second runnings from a Deschutes Abyss clone*
O.G. 1.054
did not boil this beer, just took the runnings, and dumped 1oz of tomahawk into the primary, along with the dregs from Orval, Russian River Consecration, and Avintinus Eisbock
I tasted this brew a couple weeks ago and its smokey, tart, acidic, dry but a little thin on the palate, so i dumped 4oz French medium roast chips that were soaking in 6 grapes Port wine into the mix. Started fermenting again, and im going to wait a few months to check it again.

pretty fun stuff. Dunno if any will turn out well or not, but im just tired of making regular beer haha.

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
ol' rummie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

IMO, experimenting, tweaking and just playing around, are how great beers are made!!

Keep at it!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply