Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Trying to figure out if complicating my process is going to be worth it

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Greg Noonan also said that a little DMS will get you that crispness that you find in alot of lagers. So the DMS rest might have worked but not in the manner that you looking for. That is one reason why I switched over to a CFC since it leaves some of the wort at near boiling for a while longer than an IC would.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #32
Kaiser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sause View Post
That is one reason why I switched over to a CFC since it leaves some of the wort at near boiling for a while longer than an IC would.
Yes, but you don't have to switch over to a CFC for this. Simply don't start chilling immediately.

Kai

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply