Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Too many hops

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #11
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris
I had a look at promash what is a target IBU to aim for? or that is the normal range?

Depends toptally on what kind of beer you are going for. Typical American IPAs along the lines of Stone IPA or Anchor Liberty Ale range from 40-72 IBUs according to BJCP standards.

The key for you I think is to go back and look at that recipe. I think you might have read it wrong, and those hops were supposed to be added in at stages during the boil. Not only will that cut back on the bitterness, but it will flavor the beer with hops as well, and create a much more balanced product.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply