Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Thinking of making the jump to AG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 707 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddyb View Post
So another question, if I make 2.5 gal batches, I suppose I can just cut the grain bills and hops in half from a 5 gallon recipe? I wouldn't mind doing smaller batches for things like IPAs where I'm the only one who drinks em in the house, and the hop qualities tend to fade if they sit too long.
That's what I've been doing. All grain brewing scales very well so you could go from a gallon batch to a 20 gallon batch and the only thing you would need different is a bigger pot and burner for the big batches. Otherwise in the ingredients it's just math, half size batch takes half the ingredients.

I'm now running into the hop fade on an an APA I made in November. It isn't bad but it is noticeable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #22
Chaddyb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for all the help, I'm gonna try out a half batch doing the biab method and see how it goes.

Kegged: Grand cru, Ferocious IPA
Bottled: Java stout, Hanks hefeweizen, Grand cru
Primary: Chocolate milk stout, pumpkin ale, Belgian Wit
Secondary: Coffee brown ale
Next Up: ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply