... to all that helped me with my questions. Because of you I completed my first all grain batch today, with only 1 extract batch under my belt. A Blonde Ale recipe I made myself with help from Beersmith. Done with two six gallon pots, mash tun cooler, electric flattop stove. Full 5.75 gallon boil, just had the pot wrapped with a hotel towel.
I was shooting for 1.053 and got 1.049 after the boil. I am happy with that. 69.8% efficiency. I calculated my water wrong so I had to do three batch sparges. Ended up leaving some water in the MTC. I made some mistakes but I am over all happy with the day. Now I know what to correct on the next batch.