Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Stone IPA Gravity Difference

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
BryceL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratwolf View Post
In ever pay attention to my brew software's FG predictions. I don't think it has ever been correct (almost always way high).
If you are using beersmith, you can edit the attenuation percentage of the yeast to correct this problem. Beersmith might assume 70% attenuation, but if you have used the particular yeast before and know you get 75%, you can change it. I had the same problem with the high FG predictions until I realized this. Just thought I would throw that out there if you weren't already aware of that feature...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
buzzno
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceL View Post
If you are using beersmith, you can edit the attenuation percentage of the yeast to correct this problem. Beersmith might assume 70% attenuation, but if you have used the particular yeast before and know you get 75%, you can change it. I had the same problem with the high FG predictions until I realized this. Just thought I would throw that out there if you weren't already aware of that feature...
Great suggestion. I'm brewing a double batch this weekend of this same recipe (since the first one went too quick) and will plug the attenuation percentage into BeerSmith. I'm going to split the batch up and use two different yeasts though. One will be the WLP002 that I used the first time and one will be the WLP007 which was mentioned that Stone uses now. It will be interesting to see the results. I'll report back!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
BryceL
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts

Sounds like a good plan. I'm sure they will both turn out great, but I'd be interested in how you think they both compare to stone ipa. I love a good stone ipa.

Quick Reply