New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Sparging: AG vs PM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
FlyGuy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophe96
A couple years ago i used honey in a nut brown brew during the boil, and i couldnt taste it at all.... Won't it be more sugar which = more alcohol?
Yes, everything I have read says to add the honey at flame-out or into the secondary, otherwise you boil away the flavour. And I would think that if you just wanted to increase the alcohol content, add some dextrose to the boil. So I don't understand why this recipe calls for honey in the boil - perhaps it is a mistake.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
Tophe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alright fella's ......Just brewed up the Stout...well waiting for the wert to cool so i can pitch the yeast. Im stoked and I think its going to be good, yeast starter is lookin good and I have a buzz on from some Bell's HopSplat w hich is some wicked Hoppy beer thats 11 %. Gotta be easy with this brew.....

Those that were wondering how this brew turns out , Ill make a new post later. I'm naming it Gunner's Stout , after my chocolat lab!! Watch for my post...later

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply