sources for organic malted barley and hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcginness

Reaction score
for a variety of reasons i would like to use organic ingredients in my brew. i have not found many sources. does anyone have a source the'd like to recomend?

Online, you can use Seven Bridges Co-op www.breworganic.com

I buy bags of grains from Mid Country Malts but you would need to do so with someone who is already on their list (they're not taking new non-commercial customers). Its great because they are local and I can get Gambrinus organic malts from them in bulk.

ok. thanks. i found a few varieties of organic malted barly on the northern brewer site but only a few organic hop options. i guess i could just grow all my own hops. i'm surpised at the limmited availability.

Check out brewmasters warehouse you can create recipes with organic grain.

The organic hop scene kind of sux brew organic is about the only shop and they are expensive.

Look at hops direct - they are not certified organic but you are buying from the farm and they have a low pesticide program which is good enough for me.

I used to brew all organic but am trying more to buy from the source now - oh ya check out valley malts in MA too they are all organic and you are buying straight

Back