Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Single infusion vs RIMS vs HERMS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
h22lude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Single infusion vs RIMS vs HERMS

I'm new to AG and I'm still learning the different types of set ups.

This thread isn't about the differences. I'm looking to see what more people use and if you could do your set up over again, would you keep the same system?

I'm in the process of getting the materials for my brew bench so I have been thinking of which way I want to do. I think for now I am going to do a simple single infusion set up and see how that turns out. No recirculating. If I do decide to go down the RIMS or HERMS road, adding on to the bench won't be too bad.

Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Fizzy yellow beer and Pumpkin Ale

Bottled: Nothing

On my list to brew: Stone IPA and some kind of wit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
itsme6582
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I like the simplicity of RIMS. HERMS seems over-complicated. Although, I guess most of this hobby is. Do we really need a way to hook up an ice cream maker to a MLT to continuously stir? Of course not. It sure is cool though.

In the end, I think you'll find most people use the simpler equipment. Coolers, BIAB, direct fire MLT.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply