Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Sight Glass Ball Valve Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Brewer_Steve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sight Glass Ball Valve Combo

I'm just about to put a ball valve on my kettle. I thought I'd put a T just before the ball valve which would contain a sight glass. I like the idea, as I only have to make 1 hole in the kettle. I've seen the thermometer/sight glass combos, but taht doesn't interest me, as I'd like to use a remote probe for my thermometer.

So, is there any reason why making a ball valve / sight glass combo is a bad idea?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
smakudwn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Only downside is as you open the valve the level in the sight gauge will go all the way down untill you close it back up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply