New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Sediment in bottom of fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
archroy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sediment in bottom of fermenter

Hey, long time troller first time poster here with a quick question. I just brewed Edwort's Bavarian Hef today and things turned out ok but my hop bags weren't closed tight or I didn't vorlauf well enough well or something and I ended up with lots of sediment in the bottom of my fermenter when I pitched my yeast. Will fermenting on this affect the beer? If so should I maybe rack it to a secondary?

Thanks,
-Archroy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
rsmith179
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sediment at the bottom of your primary is standard. If you had some grains in there, you may not have vourlaufed enough, but that shouldn't affect your final beer. You may want to rack to a secondary just to make sure that none of that sediment gets to your bottles. Other than that, you should be just fine.

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Old 05-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
archroy
Recipes 

Ok thanks, this was only my second all grain beer and the first was an irish stout with pellet hops so I must just not have noticed the sediment when I pitched.

-Archroy

Quick Reply