Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Second AG brew a success...I think.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Willsellout
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Second AG brew a success...I think.

So the fermentation on my Dumb blonde recipe was incredibly fast using dry nottingham. It started fermenting 6 hours after pitching and after about three days it's slowed quite a bit and the gravity has dropped from 1.040 to 1.013. I expect it to drop a couple more points. Taste was good..a bit bitter and alcoholic but it's green and has a long time ways to go. But you can tell that it will be a good beer..it has the underlying flavor of a good beer. I am going to soak some vanilla beans in bourbon and toss them in the secondary for a couple weeks to add a little flair. although my efficiency sucked on this one (55%) I think the brew will turn out a nice lawnmower beer.

Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
zoebisch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Yeah numbers aren't everything. I have a Stout that goes from 45 to 20 and it is really full and well balanced with a big mouthfeel (Oats). The first time I made it I thought oh man, that is not low enough FG, but as it turns out it works great.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply