Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > searching for AG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
inhalingtrees
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default searching for AG

Well I can't get enough of this brewing thing and I want to make the change to all grain. I've been brewing for a bout 7 months now, all I have Is a 13 gallon kettle and a smaller one for my mash liqour.If anybody in the Los Angeles or orange county or near by areas have any equipment they have to sell I'm interested.I'm especially looking for a mash tun, corny kegs, and a burner...any other stuff for all grain I might be interested in let me know. I figure I would give this site a try first before I go and pay top dollar at a website or store.any help would be awesome thanks .oh and I tried posting in classifieds section but it wouldn't let me so lets see if this works

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 711 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Why don't you try searching this site for BIAB and "brew in a bag" and see if you can get started in all grain that way while looking for your other equipment?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
asterix404
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Use a converted cooler mash tun and you can do all grain. I have never done BIAB but before investing in a ton of stuff, well if you already have the kettles, the only thing you need is a mash tun. Search for how to do that on line, it's about 75$ but I really love it.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 717 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 50

You can also do small batches for small $. I built a mash tun for around $40, I use a standard 20qt stock pot and do full boils on the stovetop. Sure, I only wind up with 2.5 gals in the end, but i feel it's a good way to get accustomed to the process without diving all the way in and spending all that $ right away. My 2 cents.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
inhalingtrees
Recipes 

Alright looks like I'm building my own mash tun.and while I get that done I think I'm guna grab sum 1 gallon carboys I seen online and practice some small bacth all grain

Quick Reply