New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Sabco Brewmagic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
lnmnmarty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sabco Brewmagic

Does any one own a Sabco Brewmagic? What does everyone think? I'm not interested in brewing beer in coolers and wondered what the opinions were on the various brew systems available . The Sabco looks best to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #2
flubdubman

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnmnmarty
Does any one own a Sabco Brewmagic? What does everyone think? I'm not interested in brewing beer in coolers and wondered what the opinions were on the various brew systems available . The Sabco looks best to me.
I asked that same question not too long ago... found someone here on Island who actually had one and invited myself over to his place to brew. I was an all grain brewer (coolers) who always wanted this system, but it was cost prohibitive. Upon coming back stateside I will be getting back into the hobby and will have a little $ to blow on shiny stuff like the brewmagic. Let me say that this system is absolutely beautiful, top shelf, youll be the envy of most of us here. A lot of people build RIMS/HERMS systems such as this because they are DIY gadget types... this is basically about the best looking version one could hope for... the DIY'ers can and have saved thousands in building similar systems - if you fall into this catagory, there are many here who will help you out every step of the way, and in fact will be almost as exited for you and your project as you will yourself! if your not this type and you have the 3 thou to spend, you will NOT be unhappy. For me, after having seen the system in action, as nice as it was and all, a little bit of financial common sense came to me (a rare occasion) and i decided the money would be better spent on other aspects of my upcoming new brew garage (maybe a walk in cooler, upgraded plumbing, and of course a host of other "smaller" toys and nice things to have like a better brewpot, refractometer, nicer grain mill, etc.) I'm going to do the cooler thing again, because i made outstanding beer previously with it and spend the money more on the dispensing side of the house instead. So... clear as mud? Oh, and if you do decide to pick this system up, I can tell you that the gentleman whom I brewed with that day said that Sabco's customer service was second to none, both before AND after the sale - they will not brush you off if you have questions or even need help in the proper use of their products. Hope this helps.

Conditioning:Sigh...
Drinking:I'm ashamed to tell
www.shinytop.com

Old 11-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 124 Posts

I don't own one, but if I was going to splurge that is what I would buy.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 11-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
lnmnmarty
Recipes 

Thanks for the reply Gents, what method do you guys use to brew with? I didnt mean to give the impression that coolers were beneath me or anything. I just wondered if most brewers went through a learning curve that brought them to something like the Sabco and that instead of spending alot of money on "stepping stones", I might just jump right in. How did you veteran brewers out there get where you are today methodwise ? I'm just trying to avoid some of the monetary mistakes I have made with other hobbies of mine. Are there any plans out there for something like the Sabco for the DIYer? Cheers

Last edited by lnmnmarty; 11-08-2006 at 12:40 AM.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #5
brewmister
Recipes 

I started with a converted keg and a turkey fryer but now here is what I have. It rocks!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mwiskirchen/3tier.jpg

A friend of mine built it for me, if you want one, pm me and I will get you in touch with him. He said he is willing to build more for a reasonable price.

Last edited by brewmister; 11-09-2006 at 01:11 AM.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmister
I started with a converted keg and a turkey fryer but now here is what I have. It rocks!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mwiskirchen/3tier.jpg

A friend of mine built it for me, if you want one, email me at mwiskirchenatcoxdotnet and I will get you in touch with him. He said he is willing to build more for a reasonable price.
Cinderblock wall. Painted covered patio. Lingering sunset. Cox address.
Are you a Zonie?
Pick up available then?

By the way you'll want to mask that email address like I have done or you'll get mad spam.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Last edited by olllllo; 11-08-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.

Recipes 

Liked 574 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I use a homebuilt HERMS rig. Check the links in my signature. I think I probably qualify as one of those "DIY types" that flubdubman mentions.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
flubdubman

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage
I think I probably qualify as one of those "DIY types" that flubdubman mentions.
Yuri, I've looked at all your projects, and I've been reading most all the posts here for the last month-ish, at least the all grain, equipment, general techniques anyway. You do NOT "qualify" you DEFINE "DIY types"
Conditioning:Sigh...
Drinking:I'm ashamed to tell
www.shinytop.com

Old 11-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
Nate

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you do decide to build it yourself, I'd go with manual controls. Although the automatic controls are cool, in my case they were a significant portion of the cost and the fabrication time.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
runhard
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I own a BrewMagic Pro and I only have high praises for the design and ease of use. The customer service is top notch and even the CEO has returned my calls when I had a question about one particular aspect with one of the kettles. There are a couple of gentlemen who have been especially helpful when halfway through my first brew the diaphragm in the regulator blew. I spoke with them separately and in their ernest attempt to fix the problem they both sent me a new regulator with no questions asked other than to describe the failure. It was a ton of money and I do have regrets for not building my own and there are a few things I would change about it but it is so much nicer than my previous 3-tier system that the buyer's remorse passed quickly. If you want to discuss it in further detail just PM me.
Jeffrey

Quick Reply