New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Sabco Brew Magic system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
BNAllen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sabco Brew Magic system

Good morning ... not certain where to post, so, I will apologize ahead of time if this is not the best location.

I'm ready to step up to a Brew Magic system. I've been brewing for the past two years with a propane burner, BK, and Igloo coolers for HLT and M/LT.

To that end, I have found a used Brew Magic only a few hours from my home. The seller seems genuine and I will inspect the system thoroughly before I hand over the cash.

Here is my question, is there a parts list or owners manual that I can review on line prior to traveling to pick up the system? I would like to confirm, as best that I can, that the system is complete before I spend a day driving.

Thank

"Ten seconds in the saddle is worth a lifetime of watching from the stands"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Flomaster
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 37

SABCO | Brew-Magic V350MS System

-=Jason=-

Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
BNAllen
Recipes 

Thanks. The seller has been kind enough to provide this photo of the system. Staes that the manual suggests it is a Brew Magic IV, however, I've googled several different names and cannot seem to locate a Brew Magic IV ... what am I missing?

Thanks,

Last edited by BNAllen; 12-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
itsme6582
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Contact Sabco. They are a reputable company and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Also there is a lot of info and help to be had on Sabco's users forum here.

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
BNAllen
Recipes 

Thanks. I'll give them a call in the morning.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
BNAllen
Recipes 

In case someone else may find this thread while researching the same topic, I offer the following ...

First, I spoke to Sabco. Great people and I may well buy a new system from them. They told me today that they are once again offering free shipping through year-end. There are tremendous differences between the current Brew-Magic and the one I am considering. Most notably, the automation on the new system is much advanced. And, the newer system is approved for commercial indoor use in the US and Canada.

Not certain that either of those two issues matter greatly to me, but, if the price of a used system is not materially less than used, I will likely buy new.

Anyone wishing to read more about the Brew-Magic IV can visit this site Main Page - Brew Magic Encyclopedia

Hope this thread might help others!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
jmf143
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I brew on one about once a month at my buddy's microbrewery. You'll enjoy brewing with it, although cleaning it does take a fair amount of time. Good luck!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #9
BNAllen
Recipes 

Good news, I think I've purchased the used 2005 system. A real step down from the newer model, but certainly okay for my needs (and price range).

Now, another question, I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab with a full-size bed and canopy. Can I fit the system, HLT, MLT, BK, two Sabco fermenters, and all of the misc parts in the truck. OR, should I drag my trailer behind the truck and just plan to haul everything home in the truck and the trailer?

I have a three hour drive each direction ... the trailer is not a huge deal, but, if not needed, I would prefer to leave home.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #10
billtzk
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The HLT, BK, MLT, and the fermenters are all standard sized 15.5 gallon kegs. They measure about 16 and 1/8th inches in diameter. They have fittings welded to them that you may need to take into consideration. It sounds like you have 5 of them. Figure about 7 linear feet by 1.5 feet, to be safe.

From the picture, it appears that the stand is no more than 60 inches long and 20 inches wide, at the most.

Measure your bed. Call the guy you're buying the unit from and ask him for the dimensions. If you have a 6 foot or longer bed, I'd bet you'd have no problem.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. -Lily Tomlin

Quick Reply