Well, so far I hadn't really had a batch go wrong, no infections, everything has gone quite smoothly. Yesterday made up for that.
I have a brewpartner, and we also had another buddy over as our IPA was ready to drink in the kegerator and he wanted to try it. I had been out of town all weekend and somehow there is a bad leak in one of my kegs or CO2 lines as my 10 lb co2 tank that was 3/4 full on Thursday was empty and the kegs were flat. That was quite off-putting.
We had brewday going pretty strong however, small mistake in that we forgot to close the ball valve on the mashtun when we went to batch sparge, so I guess we got a little bit of a fly sparge.
When we went to start the boil, we ran out of propane, luckily we have a backup. However when we screwed the regulator to the backup I could hear and smell the propane leaking. We went and exchanged our first bottle and same thing, somehow the regulator went bad or we were doing something very wrong.
As our only backup we had to put the brew kettle on the grill and try do our boil that way. It took 2 hours to get up to 209 on the thermostat, never got to a vigorous boil, but we did an hour at 209 and got the boiloff we wanted, just no clue how this will turn out. It sounds minor but our 4.5 hour brewday turned into an 8 hour brewday.