Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Roggenbier - Help with Ingredients

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Out of curiosity, are you an all-grain brewer or do you brew using dry malt extract or liquid malt extract?

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #12
Jueckstock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze
Out of curiosity, are you an all-grain brewer or do you brew using dry malt extract or liquid malt extract?
An extract batch popped my cherry, so to speak, and I started partial mashing after that, progressed to brew-in-a-bag type batch sparging from there and have switched to exclusively all grain for the last couple of years. Now I'm a decoction neophyte and I've been so pleased with the results I haven't looked back.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
Jueckstock
Recipes 

I'm actually under the house right now checking on my RyePA after about a week in the primary.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #14
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jueckstock View Post
An extract batch popped my cherry, so to speak, and I started partial mashing after that, progressed to brew-in-a-bag type batch sparging from there and have switched to exclusively all grain for the last couple of years. Now I'm a decoction neophyte and I've been so pleased with the results I haven't looked back.
I figured you were all-grain. I meant to direct that Q to the OP. From the questions about mashing and comments about being a new brewer. It sounds like they may just need an extract version.
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #15
trginter
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
I figured you were all-grain. I meant to direct that Q to the OP. From the questions about mashing and comments about being a new brewer. It sounds like they may just need an extract version.
All-grain. This is my fourth all-grain beer. I just wasn't familiar with the term "dougn-in." I also have never heard of a Beta glucan rest either.

Quick Reply