Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Recirculating diluted wort?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
dragonlor20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Recirculating diluted wort?

Ok, so I have salvaged parts from my failed countertop Brutus system to make a new system, but I am not sure if this will work. My goal is to avoid using an hlt, but if I am right, I don't need it:

I want to heat water for the mash, pump in the mash water, stir and allow the mash to settle. I want to use my old ic in my boil kettle to recirculate and heat mash water during the mash. When it is time to sparge, the water I used to maintain mash temperatures becomes my sparge water, but I want to first drain the mash into my boil kettle (with sparge water still in bk) and then recirculate the entire volume through the mash tun and boil kettle to sparge, heating up to mash out temps until sparge is complete and then dump the volume into the boil kettle as I heat up to boil temperature. Remove ic and boil as normal.

Thoughts on diluting the runoff before recirculating the sparge?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply