Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > quick loss of carbonation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
wickman6
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Default quick loss of carbonation?

I have an amber ale that tastes very good, pours with a nice head out of the keg and is carbonated to about 2.5 vol/co2. Now, the head doesn't hang around too long, and it seems to lose carbonation rather quickly. I'm stumped as to why, and seari results haven't gotten me very far.

Has anyone else had this issue before? It's only this beer, the other 2 in the kegerator are normal(different beers though). I've made this recipe before, and haven't noticed this issue in any of my beers prior.

Any thoughts?

My wife is like a well crafted beer...bitter, yet sweet enough to balance perfectly!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
wickman6
Recipes 

Also, I've tried different glasses. No change. Those same glasses work fine on all my other beers. I doubt its my washing technique, Ive been fine for years with my other beer. It's just this one for some reason.

My wife is like a well crafted beer...bitter, yet sweet enough to balance perfectly!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 283 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 325

If the beer hasn't had much time to carbonate, the CO2 may not be well absorbed into the beer, resulting in fast-disappearing head and carbonation. Give it some more time.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
wickman6
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin View Post
If the beer hasn't had much time to carbonate, the CO2 may not be well absorbed into the beer, resulting in fast-disappearing head and carbonation. Give it some more time.
Thanks for the reply, but this guy has been carbed and cold for a month. Still at a loss...

Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 283 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 325

If you're at the correct pressure for carbonation, check your glass cleanliness. Consider a salt scrub.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
wickman6
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin View Post
If you're at the correct pressure for carbonation, check your glass cleanliness. Consider a salt scrub.
I hadn't heard of that before, I read up on it and I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Quick Reply