Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Pumpkin Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
dispater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Well I have to say.... This beer is fantastic. I picked up a six pack of pumpkin beer from the store, having never tried a pumpkin beer, to compare against my own. I am surprised how close my beer is to the store bought, I would say for the better. The only real difference is that the spice is more pronounced in the store bought which is something I can easily achieve next time if I wanted to. However in my beer you still get the aroma and flavor just not as strong, meaning you can drink more beer without getting sick of the spice taste and now I have a whole Keg of Pumpkin Ale.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
GioGomez2010
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Good job! I recently made my first all grain pumpkin ale and it turned out great. It's still under carbed because its been in bottle only a week but flavor wise it competes with the Uinta and Wasatch pumpkin ales I've had. I used about the same amount of spices as you and had the same issue yield wise. While I normally lose about a quarter to a half gallon of beer to trub etc. I lost almost a whole gallon on this one. It's about a quarter gallon more than anticipated but it all worked out. Hit my numbers due to higher efficiency i believe than beer smith gave me and couldn't be happier. Cheers to your pumkin ale!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply