primary for to long????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokiua4

Reaction score
a couple months back(atleast 3) i made an oktoberfest recipe using an ale yeast(not sure how that's gonna come out but i was bored and wanted to try it out)so i just went down in my basement and saw it in the corner and realized that it's been in the primary all this time.i just completly forgot about it.so you think it's still gonna taste ok or will it taste funky from being in there all this time?

No it will be great, just bottle it. There are other threads about this same topic. People have left beers in the primary for 5 months with no ill effects.

No it will be great, just bottle it. There are other threads about this same topic. People have left beers in the primary for 5 months with no ill effects.

+1. Unless the yeast was terrible and half-dead to begin with it might even be better than usual with all that conditioning time.

probably be the best beer you have made... just because, you forgot about it !! let us know how it turns out!!

Subscribed!!

Being in Massachusetts, I doubt you have had high temps in the basement. That should be pretty tasty by now! I'd say either bottle/keg it now!

Back