thanks everyone. I wasn't using any kind of software... that's why I'm asking questions, on here. haha...
Bill, that's basically what I'd expected though, for whatever reason, I just didn't think it could be that simple. haha... I assumed that I'd fallen short of the anticipated OG. Just because the volume was a lot higher than I'd originally intended.
Conan, I'd like to be more specific but I need to fess up to a few things: first and foremost, this was my first stab at all grain and I did a BIAB method. I felt like it was too much water to start with, but that's what was called for in the recipe I was following. I'll know, next time, to start with less water. Secondly, this is also the first time I've used the hydrometer that came with my kit. Until now, I've brewed extract kits. so checking the OG didn't seem as important. So I didn't know exactly what I was doing with that. I gave the range on the OG that I gave because it's as close as I was able to tell. It was above 1030 but not quite 1035.
I will say that, even though I didn't hit 1060, I'm still pretty pleased that I got what I did, from a first try and, if it tastes good, when it's done, then that's all that really matters, to me.
Thanks for all the help, folks!