Poppin the cherry a few times in 1 session.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelgianKing

Reaction score
So last Saturday I brewed my first AG IPA. This is only my 2nd AG. Used my new MT converted from a 10gal Rubbermaid water cooler and used my homemade wort chiller too. Both worked like a charm and together it costed me $150 and about an hour to put together. With that being said I also did my first 10gal batch. Not knowing how things would go during the process since ive never used any of my new equipment, it went way easier than in the past with all the pots and false bottom bucket. I nailed my volumes and gravity. Had brewhouse eff of 81%.

Now to the next first... I have been washing yeast for a few months and decided to do an experiment with 2 different generations. One is a 2nd and the other is a 3rd. I have been reading the book Yeast. In the book he states that most brewers will find that there beer will be better by the 3rd generation and if handled properly you can use the ale yeast 8-10 times. They both are fermenting at the same temp 68*F. Both were pitched at the same temp 64*F. It will be interesting to see if I can notice any differences with each batch.

Back