Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Plumbing a 3 tier All Grain Keggle system?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
Beer4breakfast
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Plumbing a 3 tier All Grain Keggle system?

Ok so I'm up to plumbing my three keg system. Can I use Copper tubing to plumb my manifold for the kegs? I would use unions to connect to each of the fittings? Also why do people use two pumps instead of one?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3208 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer4breakfast View Post
Ok so I'm up to plumbing my three keg system. Can I use Copper tubing to plumb my manifold for the kegs? I would use unions to connect to each of the fittings? Also why do people use two pumps instead of one?
Yes you can use copper. Search the DIY forums and you'll find several examples of systems utilizing copper. I'm in the design stages of my build, and will most likely use copper since it's cheap and I already have a bunch of it laying around my shop.

It's possible to get by with just one pump, but two gives you more options, especially if you're going with a HERMS system. For example you can use one to pump wort through the coil and the second to re-circ the water in the HLT to get better heat transfer during the mash or when cooling after the boil.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply