New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Plain Dark Malt Dried Extract All Grain Substitute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
hopkings
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Plain Dark Malt Dried Extract All Grain Substitute

I'm trying to recreate an excellent stout my father made, but his recipe was partial mash and my brewing buddy and I are purists and try to only do all grain. Here's his malt profile for 5 gal:

8 lbs plain dark malt dried extract
1/2 lb roasted barley
1/2 lb black patent
1/2 lb crystal

I was going to use the same amounts of roasted barley, black patent, and crystal, but does anyone have any advice on how much/what type of base malt to use instead of plain dark malt dried extract? We use 2 nested buckets for our lauter tun, but have never calculated its extraction rate. Many thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply