In order to better understand the ester production in by Weissbier yeasts I ran an oxygenation/pitching rate experiment a while back. While I had the results published for a while now, I didnt bother announcing them as the experiment was disappointingly inconclusive. A fact that I blame on the yeast that I used as well as the less than optimal oxygenation method. But I think its still an experiment worth mentioning:
I plan to redo this experiment with less samples (evaluate pitching rate and oxygenation in separate series as opposed to evaluating a matrix of 9 samples) and a better yeast. Most likely W68, (WY3068 or WLP300) which is a more widely used Weissbier yeast.